Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Things Start Getting Better

I finally placed an order for a custom free flow exhaust ,An Air Intake Kit,Iridium Plugs & Sparco Seats.I got the Plugs and the Seats in a couple of days and got them installed.the recaro speed seats were amazing.it was so comfortable to drive around and feels very secure at high speeds.the seats make a huge difference in giving me the boost to drive it hard around corners.the seating is low compared to the stock seats and it has a very good back support.



I received the headers and exhaust later on.it took about 25 days for them to be made and sent to me.they are full stainless steel Headers, later I thoughts I should have got the regular cast iron manifold and piping but I didn't give it a thought initially.

After I swapped the headers they seem to boost the low and mid range a bit.the car's pretty quick in the second and the third gears.the acceleration is improved a little over stock.it sounded very aggressive and loud initially.later on as I drove more n more the sound came down a bit and there is still a very good grunt in the low gears.




The Air Intake Kit took about another 2 weeks and i had to decide between K&N and Green Cotton Storm, I some how liked the Green Cotton Storm,cuz it has a cover protecting the filter and also it is priced better.I pulled out the stock filter and had to reroute the piping.the piping i used initially was a bit messed up and i didnt prefer to go for a metal pipe,instead I managed to find a rubber hose for the filter.a little bit of weight reduction and also I figured out the metal piping might get hot faster than the rubber.it took about an hour to get everything fixed and took it out for a drive.it feels so nimble and there is slight increase in the power.



The filter started catching a lot of dust in its current location,so i need to relocate it closer to the front grill,it also requires cleaning every month since the conditions here are so dusty.

No comments:

Post a Comment